12th September, 2023
Sade Advisor Private Limited (herein referred to as Serein/ Serein Inc./we/our/us) places a high priority on the protection and security of your personal information. Serein has put in place organisational and technical security measures to ensure the security of your personal information.
The Website, Platform, and materials made available, uploaded, downloaded, or embedded therefrom are collectively referred to as “services” in this Policy.
Please do not access or use our services if you do not agree with our privacy practices as described in this Policy.
What personal information does Serein collect?
In general, Website users are not required to provide any personally identifiable information. We do gather “aggregate data” which is a collection of data without any personal identification. This aggregate data is used by us to analyse how the site is used and enhance its usefulness.
Additionally, we use it to improve the quality and accessibility of the product and services we provide. Serein may also gather data and information to help us improve the online experience. This data includes topics of interest and information regarding the pages most visited. Wherever possible, we use aggregate or anonymous data.
Additionally, we use aggregate information from online surveys you choose to participate in for research studies and publications with your expressed agreement.
Any personally identifiable information provided voluntarily on the portal website is not sold or otherwise shared with any third party (public or private). Serein shall collect data at the following instances while using our Website:
- Availing our services: You are free to browse Serein’s Website without providing your personal information. However, if you wish to avail our services, reports, or whitepapers, you will be directed to a form to share your personal information, such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, designation, and company name with us. You may provide this personal information by voluntarily completing these forms.
- Job applicant information: When you voluntarily submit your resume in response to a job opening, we collect personal information you provide to us, such as your name, age, home address, email address, phone number, current employment, cover letter, and other information in your resume.
- Website activity: Serein uses Google Analytics to track website activity such as session duration, pages per session, bounce rate etc. of individuals using the site, and information on the source of traffic.
A. Serein DEI SaaS tool
- Account information: When your company signs a contract to avail a license to Serein’s DEI SaaS tool, they provide Serein with employee information such as name, email address, job title, and company name.
- Diversity metric and inclusion metric: For the purpose of measuring and assessing the company’s diversity and inclusion advancement, the company or the individual employee voluntarily shares demographic information like age, gender, sexual orientation, job level, job function, department, tenure, race, religion, marital status. This demographic information is not intended to identify specific individuals. The company or individual will not provide employee names, employee identification numbers, or any other unique identifiers. Serein reserves the right to delete such information immediately upon receipt.
B. Serein Learning Management Systems (LMS)
When a client provides training to their employees using Serein’s Learning Management System (“LMS”), corporate information that is necessary for the purpose (such as the names and email addresses of employees) is required to set up logins for employees of the client for the relevant e-learning course.
Data provided by the employee on the e-learning platform as a response to questions in the modules is also collected. However, such data is anonymized when collected. Anonymizing this data ensures that the sensitive information shared by the employee is kept safe.
The employee’s course progress is collected and only shared with the company’s/client’s HR.
C. Serein’s social media platforms
Data shown in the form of comments, including the IP address of the visitor and browser user agent, from comments left by visitors on the Serein Website or on Serein’s social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Instagram, is collected for the purpose of spam detection. It is the user’s responsibility to protect any information given to this Website from loss, abuse,
unauthorized access or disclosure, modification, or destruction using generally recognized best practices.
D. Other services provided by Serein
- Data is collected from clients regarding cases under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal) Act, 2013. The data collected is protected by way of Non-disclosure Agreements signed by all persons accessing such data.
- Data is collected for the purpose of Agreements between Serein and their clients for the provision of services (“Service Agreements”). Service Agreements include Goods and Service Tax Registration information and banking information for the client. The data collected is only used for the purposes defined in the Service Agreement.
How does Serein use your personal information?
A. Personal information provided through a form submission on the Website is used to:
- Contact you and share the details of our services that you have requested.
- Send marketing communications that you have expressed an interest in when submitting the intake form. (You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time.)
- Share updates on upcoming events organized by Serein.
- Share with you the reports and white papers you have requested.
- Contact you if you have submitted your resume in response to a job opening.
- Enforce legal restrictions that govern your use of our services, including without limitation our Policies and Terms of Service, and/or for the purposes of supplying the information.
B. Personal information provided on the DEI SaaS tool (diversity metric and inclusion metric) is used to:
- Provide insights on diversity trends in recruitment, promotions, and exits.
- Provide insights on inclusion trends, experiences, and challenges.
The above insights cannot be mapped to a specific individual. Organizations will only receive aggregate data.
C. Personal information provided on the DEI SaaS tool (account information) is used to:
- Track individual learners’ progress and completion of courses, games, micro-learnings, and webinars that they engage with.
- Enable the company’s HR to send reminders and drive completion of and engagement with these learning initiatives.
How Serein shares your information ?
To us, security is of the utmost importance. To minimize the risk of information being hacked or stolen, we only store data when absolutely necessary.
Your user information is protected by all essential security measures to ensure that it is private, accurate, and accessible. In order to prevent any unauthorised or inappropriate access to your user information (including your personal information), we use encryption where necessary and adhere to generally established standards for the collection, storage, and protection of personal data.
We save personal information for as long as it takes to fulfil your service request and for legal and administrative needs. These time frames could be those required by the law, contracts, or for defending Serein’s legal or contractual rights, for the purpose of accurate and appropriate financial or business records, or for how the user accesses, updates, or otherwise interacts with Serein’s systems.
Serein will use all reasonable efforts for the purpose of protecting the privacy of personal information, uploaded data, and any other data collected through Serein’s services. Further, Serein shall use reasonable efforts to ensure that any information you provide is accurate. While all reasonable efforts shall be made to safeguard and prevent any unauthorised use of the data provided by you, we cannot guarantee that someone will not succeed. By submitting personal information or data on this Website, you agree that you accept the risks and waive any claims you may have.
When one or more users trade illicit, immoral, unlawful, and/or malicious content, we will not be held liable. However, when we become aware of such content, we have the ability to block and report the offending user.
Links to third-party sites
Processing your information
When you access Serein’s SaaS tools or services, your personal information will be processed in India or any other country in which Serein, its affiliates, or service providers are located.
Data protection laws in some of these countries or jurisdictions may be less protective than the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside. If you do not want your information transferred, processed, or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, please stop accessing or using the services.
Users may request the personal data collected by Serein and stored on the Website, as part of the Services or any comments left by them on Serein’s social media. The users may also request the deletion of any stored data. Serein may refuse to delete any data for administrative, legal, and security purposes.
Visitors and registered users may also exercise their right to be forgotten by requesting deletion of their data by Serein.